Finally got the Rugged Ridge Aluminum XHD front and rear bumpers installed, along with the tire carrier, and winch as well. The build is really starting to come together and is looking more and more like the rendering every day!
Tag Archive for winch
Top 5 ATV/UTV Accessories
ATV/UTV trail riding is as old as time, but recently this past time has taken on a whole new meaning. Now you have to have your ATV equipped with aftermarket accessories specifically designed for this niche style of off-road riding if you plan on keeping up with the pack. So if you’re looking to turn your ATV into an even more capable rig, here is a list of the top 10 accessories you’ll need to install!
Click here for a full listing of our UTV & ATV accessories.
1. Extreme Heavy Duty 2500lb Electric Winch: Rugged Ridge Extreme HD 2.5 ATV and UTV Winch 2500lb With FREE Mounting Plate and Roller Fairlead. Heavy-duty pulling capacity in a compact size, the Rugged Ridge Extreme HD ATV / UTV Winch helps you tackle the toughest terrain by providing unsurpassed pulling power for your ATV or Side by side on each and every pull. Beefy cast construction with powder coated finish and stainless hardware eliminates rust.
2. Wheel Spacers (for Yamaha Rhino): These spacers space your wheels out an extra 1.75” to help fit wider tires and give your vehicle a wider track and improve stability. Constructed of double anodized black extra thick 6061T6 Aluminum for long life and extra corrosion resistance. All hardware is grade 8 for extra strength.
3. Roll & Pitch Meter: This Roll & Pitch Meter (Clinometer) features two gauges: left displays side to side angle & right displays front to back angle. Each display has a graphic readout that shows angles in degrees to the dash with automotive grade double sided tape or can be permanently mounted with screws.
4. UTV Grab Handles: Four styles to choose from: Dual, Ultimate, Deluxe and Sport. Dual, Ultimate and Deluxe models include Sure Grip Handles. The Dual UTV Grab Strap gives passengers a place to hold on while on the trail. Constructed of durable nylon webbing with soft molded foam handles for ease of use and comfort. Easily attaches with hook and loop around the center roll bar, no drilling required. Special side “Pockets” create a handy spot for hanging clothes. Special two handle design gives passengers a place to hang on during those offroad adventures. All handles are custom designed to fi t UTV Roll bar widths from 1” to 1½”.
5. Fire Extinguisher Holder: Thick nylon web straps are fully adjustable and secure with hook and loop fasteners. Works with both 1” and 1½” roll bars with or without padding. Holds one 3 lb fi re extinguisher (not included).
Chrysler rolled into Moab with truckloads of “Moparized” Jeeps and wicked Ram Trucks meant to the turn heads of fans at the 44th annual Moab Easter Jeep Safari in Moab, Utah.
“Our customized production vehicles show how Mopar can accessorize Jeep and Ram vehicles that are on the road today while our image vehicles showcase directions we could take in the future,” said Pietro Gorlier, President and Chief Executive Officer – Mopar Service, Parts and Customer Care, Chrysler Group LLC. “We will gauge reaction to these vehicles. And as we develop our next generation of new Mopar parts and accessories, we will listen closely to this dedicated group of hard-core off-road enthusiasts.”
The Mopar Underground design team is a small group of dedicated engineers, designers and fabricators who are led by Mark Allen, Chief Designer – Head of Jeep Design Studio, Chrysler Group LLC. The Mopar design team has been customizing production vehicles since 2002 and has introduced nearly 20 concept vehicles to enthusiast crowds at the Moab Jeep Safari.
The Mopar off-road engineering team is led by Keith Montone, Manager – Mopar Jeep and Ram Off-road Engineering, Chrysler Group LLC. This experienced group of vehicle engineers is dedicated to providing Jeep and Ram customers with the best off-road parts and accessories. The team has introduced many new parts and played a key role in developing the first aftermarket lift kits available from an automotive manufacturer.
“Moab is a proving ground for us to test our vehicles on extreme trails alongside our customers,” said Allen. “We will take all of the feedback we get from our customers right back to the design studio with us.”
Following are eight “Moparized” image vehicles that will be shown in Moab:
So, what does a river crossing, a sinking XJ, and naked dude have to do with a day of wheeling? -Not much if you know what your doing. Sadly, these guys didn’t. Don’t worry, the guys sans clothing is to far away too be any nuisance , and he doesn’t remain in the picture long. But the clip is a reminder of what not to do, and great comic relief.
Quadratec names the Rugged Ridge Heavy Duty 8500 LB Winch as their latest “Featured Product of the Week“
Need a winch for your Jeep, truck, or SUV? Rugged Ridge’s line of Heavy Duty winches are everything you could ever want in a winch. Our popular 8500 LB series is powered by a durable 5.5 HP Series Wound Motor for long life and extra pulling power. A tough 3 Stage Planetary Gear box with a 172.8:1 gear ratio delivering power, and reliability on each and every pull. The Heavy Duty 8500 LB Winch has more power and exclusive features than any other winch in its price range: Stainless Steel Hardware- All the exterior winch body screws and bolts are Stainless steel to prevent rust and provide a long life. All Rugged Ridge steel cable style Winches include off road light mount roller fairleads allowing for the easy mount of two off road lights! Special Solenoid mounting brackets allow for multiple solenoid mounting points and the ability to tilt the Solenoid for ease of use. This “tilt” feature ensures that each Rugged Ridge winch can be used with almost all off-road bumpers and over riders! All for a retail price under $300.00!