Hey guys! It’s been a while since the last update, but we are finally reaching some stages where the build is really starting to take place! The parts are in, and we are all now working to get everything painted and installed.
Besides a few minor exterior accessories, we are building from the ground up, literally! We have started by installing new suspension, Alloy USA axles and ring & pinion and much more. We’ll let the photos do most of the talking this time around:
1947 CJ-2A Fire Truck
Calling all dealers, jobbers, installers and other specialty equipment industry enthusiasts attending the 2012 SEMA Show. Located in booth #30147 in the Upper South Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center where other Truck, SUV and Off-Road equipment is showcased, the new Off-Road Success Center presented by OMIX/Rugged Ridge provides business owners and decision makers who want to be in the dynamic Jeep® and off-road lifestyle market an area to exchange ideas, learn new concepts for success and network with other like-minded people.
British 1944 Willys Special Air Services
Hosted by several third party experts within the industry, as well as leaders from OMIX, the Off-Road Success Center will offer twice daily educational seminars where experts will discuss their first-hand experiences and formulas for success. Additionally, the Off-Road Success Center will include one-on-one consultations, demonstrations and free print materials (seminar dates and times to follow) on these business impacting topics. A range of vehicles illustrating the rich history of the industry will also be on display, including vintage models provided by Jeep® Jamboree USA and OMIX.
Each seminar will be facilitated by OMIX personnel and led by industry specialists, who will share best practices, tips and tricks for maximizing sales, operational and marketing strategies within the off-road industry. Examples and case studies will also be presented. Planned seminars will include:
- Recession-Proof Your Truck Business – Lifestyle Sells!
- CA$H, the Fuel of Your Business – How to effectively create cash from your operations.
- Data is the Engine – How to obtain, understand and simplify the loading of effective product data.
- Dealerships Dealt a Winning Hand – How Jeep® and truck dealerships win profit in the aftermarket.
- Bricks vs. Clicks – How do brick and mortar stores profitability compete with online retailers?
- Dare to Dream – Use your passion to increase sales in the Jeep® and off-road market.
- Social Media: Find, Connect and Engage Customers – Build relevant content and consumer advocates to achieve greater success.
Title: Atlanta Truck & Jeep Fest 2012
Location: Cobb Galleria Centre – 2 Galleria Parkway Southeast Atlanta, GA 30339-5938
Link out: Click here
Description: The Nation’s Largest Off Road Show!
- Free admission
- Factory-direct pricing
- Hourly giveaways
- Custom trucks and Jeeps
- Manufacturer reps on hand
- $100,000+ of on-site inventory
- Product demonstrations
- Installation discounts
Start Date: 2012-08-04
End Date: 2012-08-05
It is with great pride, pleasure and honor that we post these pictures and applaud all involved in helping make the wish of one Drew Ducatelli and his family come true. The Make A Wish Foundation brought Drew’s wish to Mike’s Off Road and with the help of a few friends they managed to pull together and put together one fine ride.
Mike’s Off Road were welcomed into the Ducatelli Family home with open arms. Treated to quality dining and a warm reception when they presented Drew his new truck. Opportunities to do things of this nature don’t come along often enough and everyone at Mike’s Off Road hope to inspire others to reach out and do what they can to become involved with such a quality organization like Make A Wish Foundation.
“Our hearts and prayers go out to the Ducatelli family and wish nothing but the best for Drew and his family. We are honored to have met Drew and to have put a smile on his face bigger than the state of Texas.” – John at Mike’s Off Road
Through the help of several sponsors, including us, Mike’s Off Road was able to build Drew the truck of his dreams! The list of sponsors and the products they supplied are as follows:
Baja Designs 30″ steal light
Fab Four Front and Rear Bumpers
Superwinch 9.5 Talon winch
BMF SERE Death Metal 20″ wheels
Nitto Trail Grapplers 295/65/20
SkyJacker 6″ Lift
MBRP dual cat back exchaust
and Rugged Ridge All Terrain Floor Liners
Top 5 ATV/UTV Accessories
ATV/UTV trail riding is as old as time, but recently this past time has taken on a whole new meaning. Now you have to have your ATV equipped with aftermarket accessories specifically designed for this niche style of off-road riding if you plan on keeping up with the pack. So if you’re looking to turn your ATV into an even more capable rig, here is a list of the top 10 accessories you’ll need to install!
Click here for a full listing of our UTV & ATV accessories.
1. Extreme Heavy Duty 2500lb Electric Winch: Rugged Ridge Extreme HD 2.5 ATV and UTV Winch 2500lb With FREE Mounting Plate and Roller Fairlead. Heavy-duty pulling capacity in a compact size, the Rugged Ridge Extreme HD ATV / UTV Winch helps you tackle the toughest terrain by providing unsurpassed pulling power for your ATV or Side by side on each and every pull. Beefy cast construction with powder coated finish and stainless hardware eliminates rust.
2. Wheel Spacers (for Yamaha Rhino): These spacers space your wheels out an extra 1.75” to help fit wider tires and give your vehicle a wider track and improve stability. Constructed of double anodized black extra thick 6061T6 Aluminum for long life and extra corrosion resistance. All hardware is grade 8 for extra strength.
3. Roll & Pitch Meter: This Roll & Pitch Meter (Clinometer) features two gauges: left displays side to side angle & right displays front to back angle. Each display has a graphic readout that shows angles in degrees to the dash with automotive grade double sided tape or can be permanently mounted with screws.
4. UTV Grab Handles: Four styles to choose from: Dual, Ultimate, Deluxe and Sport. Dual, Ultimate and Deluxe models include Sure Grip Handles. The Dual UTV Grab Strap gives passengers a place to hold on while on the trail. Constructed of durable nylon webbing with soft molded foam handles for ease of use and comfort. Easily attaches with hook and loop around the center roll bar, no drilling required. Special side “Pockets” create a handy spot for hanging clothes. Special two handle design gives passengers a place to hang on during those offroad adventures. All handles are custom designed to fi t UTV Roll bar widths from 1” to 1½”.
5. Fire Extinguisher Holder: Thick nylon web straps are fully adjustable and secure with hook and loop fasteners. Works with both 1” and 1½” roll bars with or without padding. Holds one 3 lb fi re extinguisher (not included).