One of the risks that comes with modifying any vehicle is compliance with the law, and suspension mods can be the most noticeable. Many Jeep enthusiasts want to lift their Jeep to inprove off road capability, but may wonder what their local laws are regarding lift restrictions. It is best to get familiar with your local laws before installing a lift kit on your vehicle to avoid unwanted circumstances as a result. All it takes is a little time to make sure that your mods are done legally and safely. There is a great online resource for enthusiasts to check state by state information, LiftLaws.com.
Weall know Jeepers love to go topless, and our friends at AllThingsJeep.com know this better than anyone! On May 19, 2012 All Things Jeep is hosting their 5th annual Go Topless Day and are inviting Jeep owners worldwide to participate. This event started in 2008 as a fun local event and quickly spread into a worldwide phenomenon. Thousands participated last year, holding local club events, picnics, community service, and parades. All Things Jeep is holding a photo/video contest this year, check out the contest page for more information!
Here’s some topless photos from previous years events:
It is with great pride, pleasure and honor that we post these pictures and applaud all involved in helping make the wish of one Drew Ducatelli and his family come true. The Make A Wish Foundation brought Drew’s wish to Mike’s Off Road and with the help of a few friends they managed to pull together and put together one fine ride.
Mike’s Off Road were welcomed into the Ducatelli Family home with open arms. Treated to quality dining and a warm reception when they presented Drew his new truck. Opportunities to do things of this nature don’t come along often enough and everyone at Mike’s Off Road hope to inspire others to reach out and do what they can to become involved with such a quality organization like Make A Wish Foundation.
“Our hearts and prayers go out to the Ducatelli family and wish nothing but the best for Drew and his family. We are honored to have met Drew and to have put a smile on his face bigger than the state of Texas.” – John at Mike’s Off Road
Through the help of several sponsors, including us, Mike’s Off Road was able to build Drew the truck of his dreams! The list of sponsors and the products they supplied are as follows:
Baja Designs 30″ steal light Fab Four Front and Rear Bumpers Superwinch 9.5 Talon winch BMF SERE Death Metal 20″ wheels Nitto Trail Grapplers 295/65/20 SkyJacker 6″ Lift MBRP dual cat back exchaust Superchips Cortex and Rugged Ridge All Terrain Floor Liners
ATV/UTV trail riding is as old as time, but recently this past time has taken on a whole new meaning. Now you have to have your ATV equipped with aftermarket accessories specifically designed for this niche style of off-road riding if you plan on keeping up with the pack. So if you’re looking to turn your ATV into an even more capable rig, here is a list of the top 10 accessories you’ll need to install!
1. Extreme Heavy Duty 2500lb Electric Winch: Rugged Ridge Extreme HD 2.5 ATV and UTV Winch 2500lb With FREE Mounting Plate and Roller Fairlead. Heavy-duty pulling capacity in a compact size, the Rugged Ridge Extreme HD ATV / UTV Winch helps you tackle the toughest terrain by providing unsurpassed pulling power for your ATV or Side by side on each and every pull. Beefy cast construction with powder coated finish and stainless hardware eliminates rust.
2. Wheel Spacers (for Yamaha Rhino): These spacers space your wheels out an extra 1.75” to help fit wider tires and give your vehicle a wider track and improve stability. Constructed of double anodized black extra thick 6061T6 Aluminum for long life and extra corrosion resistance. All hardware is grade 8 for extra strength.
3. Roll & Pitch Meter: This Roll & Pitch Meter (Clinometer) features two gauges: left displays side to side angle & right displays front to back angle. Each display has a graphic readout that shows angles in degrees to the dash with automotive grade double sided tape or can be permanently mounted with screws.
4. UTV Grab Handles: Four styles to choose from: Dual, Ultimate, Deluxe and Sport. Dual, Ultimate and Deluxe models include Sure Grip Handles. The Dual UTV Grab Strap gives passengers a place to hold on while on the trail. Constructed of durable nylon webbing with soft molded foam handles for ease of use and comfort. Easily attaches with hook and loop around the center roll bar, no drilling required. Special side “Pockets” create a handy spot for hanging clothes. Special two handle design gives passengers a place to hang on during those offroad adventures. All handles are custom designed to fi t UTV Roll bar widths from 1” to 1½”.
5. Fire Extinguisher Holder: Thick nylon web straps are fully adjustable and secure with hook and loop fasteners. Works with both 1” and 1½” roll bars with or without padding. Holds one 3 lb fi re extinguisher (not included).
So I get a lot of emails and it is hard to read everything that comes through sometimes, but when I get an email that says “Subject: Jeeps and Girls Photo Shoot”… I was sold – didn’t need to read it just sign me up!
A local photographer contacted us to use a few our Jeep Wranglers in a photo shoot with some swimsuit models. He is working on an car calendar and wanted to feature some offroad shots using a few of the built Rugged Ridge Jeeps. For some reason it wasn’t very hard to find guys willing to lend him their rigs for the day. These are some test shots we were sent from the initial shoot. Don’t worry there will be more pics to come as this was first round and we are currently scheduling a multistage shoot for this project.
If you like Girls and Cars you need to check out SEMA 2010 Click the Image Below and Register to Win a Free Trip to Las Vegas!!!