The X-Clamp from Rugged Ridge features “Pivotal Fit Technology,” an innovative and unique adjustment which allows perfect fit mounting to tubes ranging from 2.25” to 3”. No gaps, no gaskets! Rotate the X-Clamp to fit your tube, pivot the mounting bracket to the desired position, and then apply the logo to the front. Patent Pending.
The perfect organization solution for your Jeep®! The new Rugged Ridge Rear Seat Organizer features storage areas to organize wayward trash, toys, drinks, iPods® and other clutter. Each organizer is designed to instantly fit into the rear cup holders of your 11-14 Jeep Wrangler and includes a lid with integrated hinge to keep objects from flying out when the top is down. Patent Pending.
Factory-authentic reproductions of impossible-to-find original parts for CJs, Wranglers, Cherokees, Wagoneers—even that old Willys in the backyard. From complete body tubs and seats to carburetors, control arms, door handles, and brake lines, Omix-Ada covers every Jeep generation from Willys, Ford, and Bantam to AMC and Chrysler. Whether you’re doing a nuts-and-bolts rebuild of a CJ or just need a headlight for a Jeep Liberty, chances are Omix-Ada makes it. For authenticity, many of its parts carry an “Official Mopar Licensed Restoration Product” pedigree.
New from Rugged Ridge, these side Window Visors are designed to reduce wind noise while channeling airflow to keep your vehicles interior free of smoke, stale air and window fogging. The special design channels rain around your window while still allowing air to flow.
Tired of bugs and road debris ruining the look of your hood and windshield? The new Bug Deflector from Rugged Ridge takes care of that and creates a great unique look, especially when combined with the Window Visors. Constructed of durable scratch resistant Matte Black finish acrylic, these wind and bug deflectors easily install with automotive grade tape.
Remove the heat and maximize your engine performance with the new Performance Vented Hood from Rugged Ridge. Made of stamped steel and a factory inner core, this hood fits like the original yet allows more heat to escape from the engine compartment than other hoods on the market today. The SRT® inspired design gives a great aggressive look. Vents are removable to make it easier to paint. Uses factory attachment points and most aftermarket accessories will simply bolt into place. Got Heat? You need this hood.
Stamped steel construction for factory like quality and no heat deformity.
50% more ventilation surface area than other aftermarket hoods.
E-coated to prevent rust, and ready to paint.
Uses existing factory attachment points, so no drilling required.
This is a pre-production sample – hoods will be in inventory in September, 2013.
Keep your rocker panels from being beaten to a pulp on the trail with Rugged Ridge’s Side Armor. Built from heavy-duty 2” x 0.120” black texture powder coated steel tubing, these guards will take the beating that was meant for your sheet metal. Features a simple bolt-on design that utilizes existing body mount locations for a secure, rattle free installation. The black texture finish resists scratches and gives a slip-resistant surface for door entry. Sold as a pair and includes all necessary installation hardware.
ATV/UTV trail riding is as old as time, but recently this past time has taken on a whole new meaning. Now you have to have your ATV equipped with aftermarket accessories specifically designed for this niche style of off-road riding if you plan on keeping up with the pack. So if you’re looking to turn your ATV into an even more capable rig, here is a list of the top 10 accessories you’ll need to install!
1. Extreme Heavy Duty 2500lb Electric Winch: Rugged Ridge Extreme HD 2.5 ATV and UTV Winch 2500lb With FREE Mounting Plate and Roller Fairlead. Heavy-duty pulling capacity in a compact size, the Rugged Ridge Extreme HD ATV / UTV Winch helps you tackle the toughest terrain by providing unsurpassed pulling power for your ATV or Side by side on each and every pull. Beefy cast construction with powder coated finish and stainless hardware eliminates rust.
2. Wheel Spacers (for Yamaha Rhino): These spacers space your wheels out an extra 1.75” to help fit wider tires and give your vehicle a wider track and improve stability. Constructed of double anodized black extra thick 6061T6 Aluminum for long life and extra corrosion resistance. All hardware is grade 8 for extra strength.
3. Roll & Pitch Meter: This Roll & Pitch Meter (Clinometer) features two gauges: left displays side to side angle & right displays front to back angle. Each display has a graphic readout that shows angles in degrees to the dash with automotive grade double sided tape or can be permanently mounted with screws.
4. UTV Grab Handles: Four styles to choose from: Dual, Ultimate, Deluxe and Sport. Dual, Ultimate and Deluxe models include Sure Grip Handles. The Dual UTV Grab Strap gives passengers a place to hold on while on the trail. Constructed of durable nylon webbing with soft molded foam handles for ease of use and comfort. Easily attaches with hook and loop around the center roll bar, no drilling required. Special side “Pockets” create a handy spot for hanging clothes. Special two handle design gives passengers a place to hang on during those offroad adventures. All handles are custom designed to fi t UTV Roll bar widths from 1” to 1½”.
5. Fire Extinguisher Holder: Thick nylon web straps are fully adjustable and secure with hook and loop fasteners. Works with both 1” and 1½” roll bars with or without padding. Holds one 3 lb fi re extinguisher (not included).
No one disputes the legendary origins of the Jeep. The versatile 4×4 helped change the tide of the war and won the affections of GI’s and civilians everywhere. By the time World War II ended more than 647,000 Willys MB’s and Ford GPW’s had been built… The Jeep accounted for over 15% of the total wartime military vehicle production.
Before first GI’s were shipped home Willys began looking for way to capitalize on the popularity of the Jeep. They began by offering the first CJ (Civilian Jeep) in 1946 as the CJ2A. The 1/4 Ton 4×4 was designed as the go anywhere & do anything vehicle: It was a tractor, it was a truck, it was a power plant, it was a wagon… Soon others look to capitalize of the phenomenon. Ads began popping up in magazines like Popular Science and Boy’s Life advertising Jeep’s in a Crate for as little as $50.
Like most surplus ads run today scammers sought to take advantage of consumers by promising them great deals like $50 Jeeps in exchange for $20 and a self addressed stamped envelop. The advertiser’s of course were selling free public information concerning government auctions. The truth is even though thousands of MB’s and parts were auctioned off the vast majority were scrapped following the war.
So, what happened to the Jeep in a crate? Were there ever Jeeps in a crate? Certainly not for $50. The US military received their assembled Jeeps from Ford and Bantam for nearly $750. Ford shipped the GPW from their Richmond , California assembly plant partially “knocked down” so they could fit more Jeeps on a ship, and fill military orders quicker.
The good news is if you are looking for a Jeep in a crate today Omix-ADA has the solution for you. Omix is the official licensed supplier of Jeep bodies and sheetmetal from 1941 to present:
Omix body panels are more than just parts; they are built with a legacy and heritage in mind. No other supplier can match Omix’s passion and dedication to quality. This is why we have been authorized to use the “MOPAR Authentic Restoration” and “MOPAR Official Licensed Product” logos for the more than 30 licensed body tubs and panels we produce. We take pride in being one of the few manufacturers strong enough to stand behind the legendary Jeep® name.
Our Body Tub is a completely assembled body shell from the firewall to the tail light panel. Fitted, welded and assembled together with the cowl panel, rear wheel housings, dash panel, and glove box already in place. Or you can upgrade to a Body Tub Kit. It features the same great body tub, (2) front fenders, windshield frame, hood and tailgate. It is the ultimate restoration accessory, primed and shipped to your door.
No more grinding, welding, or cutting out rusty panels, just to struggle as you fight to line up the new part. All the hard work is done for you. Primed and nearly ready for paint. The hardest part will be picking out the new paint color. How quickly can you say Olive Drab?
Of course the body tubs are not completely finished, there will still be some fitting and working to make everything line up. Just the same; as if you were working with a 50 year old body tub. –But our tubs are as close as you can get today to a body off the original Toledo assembly line. Why else would MOPAR authorize us to use the “Willys” and “Jeep” scripts on the officially licensed bodies and panels we produce?
• Replace Steel Body Tubs and Body Kits from 1941 – 1986
• Replacement Body Panels from 1941 – 2010
• Jeep®/Willy’s Licensed Body Tubs, Kits & Panels Available!
• Body Tubs are completely assembled, and primed. Ready to be shipped to your door.
• 16 gauge steel used on body tubs for all side and tail panels. In most cases it is thicker than original!
• 18 Gauge steel used on body tubs in the front and rear flooring, all mounting brackets, top cowl assembly, and wheel housings.
• Manufactured using a seven-step metal preparation process, including:
o A 5 bath dip to totally eliminate rust, dirt and grease.
o A phosphate and acid rinse step to ensure corrosion resistance and proper adhesion of the primer.
o New primer formula and application method that is designed for a smooth and even finish.
• Includes all major factory mounting locations, including channels for body mounting.
• Dashes and shifter tunnels left blank in some applications with varied OE locations.
A lot of people ask “How Rugged is Rugged Ridge?”…
Every few months we get a thank you email from a Rugged Ridge user whose Jeep was saved by one of our bumpers. Alot of times we don’t get pictures of these urban trail stories but this time we got pictures.
“I hit a newer model Xterra (about a 2008 model). I hit the right quarter panel traveling about 35 mph. The Xterra had to be towed but I drove my Jeep home. The stinger is broken mainly at the bases where it mounts. Some of the tubing also tore a little bit… I cannot imagine how damaged my Jeep would have been if it had not been for your bumper. Nobody was hurt in the wreck and I credit your craftsman ship to my safety. So again, thank you for keeping me and my Jeep safe and I will be a more conscientious driver from now on.” - Ryan
We are glad no one was seriously injured in the wreck, and we are delighted to hear our bumper saved another Jeeper. Ryan told us he is planning on replacing Stinger front mount as he loves his XHD. Remember when replacing your OE bumper you equip your Jeep with something that can withstand the elements… including the Human element!