Spy Photos of the 2011 Jeep Wrangler Interior

A minor refresh is in store for the 70th Anniversary 2011 Jeep Wrangler. The exterior and powertrain of Jeep’s flagship 4×4 will go unchanged till the 2012 model year. However, the 2011 Jeep Wrangler is sporting a all new interior.

The 2007-10 Jeep Wranglers suffered from an all plastic interior and under preforming 3.8L (mini van) engine. Jeep is fixing the interior and ergonomics of the Wrangler by picking up where the 2006 TJ Wrangler took off. Look for full door panels, a soft dash and other plush treatments meant to soften the harsh cabin.

Allpar is reporting that the Sport B model will gain steering-wheel mounted audio controls, cruise, and hill descent control; Sahara will gain an AC outlet, auto headlights, and optional body-color hardtop; and options now include heated power mirrors and heated front seats.

Rubicon gets “Rock-Trac®” 4×4 which uses an electronic sway bar disconnect, Tru-Lok locking differentials (front and rear), and NV2410R transfer case with 4:1 gear ratio, fiving the Wrangler a 73:1 gear ratio. [Thanks to Justin Trevor for his clarification.]

Standard Wrangler 4x4s get Command-Trac I®, with shift-on-the-fly 4WD (at speeds under 60 mph), low gear, and neutral setting for towing without uncoupling the driveshafts. In low gear, torque is multiplied by 2.72:1. The front axle is a Dana 30, the rear axle is a Dana 44; a Trac-Lok differential is available.

10 comments

1. cyrille mcElreavy says:

loosing look :(

2. Jeep Wrangler is new and excellent. It has a great new chassis, engine, suspension, styling and interior. There is a new suspension designed by German engineers with well-tuned independent front and rear suspension that provides a comfortable ride on any surface, with solid and secure cornering in the mountains. It is off-road capabilities are unmatched with anything on the road with the exception of Land Rover.

3. Jordan says:

“Look for full door panels, a soft dash and other plush treatments meant to soften the harsh cabin.” it’s a wrangler. if you want a softened up station wagon get a grand or commander, leave the wrangler alone… its gotten bad enough. i dont want a soft dash to get torn up when a branch pokes through on a trail ride or get soaked when i go mudding. steering wheel buttons? what a joke. theyll stop working after you go through a puddle with no doors and 14.50′s. disappointment.

4. Michael Cowin says:

I am so mad about the wimpy 3.8 V-6 in my 2010 Jeep Unlimited. Its nothing compared to the perky 4.0 my previous one had. Automotive engineers are supposed to be smart, and test the vehicles before selling them to the public. Im embaraced everytime I slow down going up an interstate hill, and I have to downshift to 4th from 6th just to keep pace. I spent $37,000 on fancy junk. Come on, engineers…..you should know better than to stick a small engine in such a heavy vehicle.

5. Jesse C. says:

I have a 2009 JK Rubicon. The one and only thing I like about this new “plush” design is the new steering wheel. It looks like they’re trying to attract more soccer moms. Great! More “Mall Crawlers” on the road. They should leave the interior the way it was, rugged. This is a big disappointment to those of us who actually use the Wrangler for what it was meant for. I pray they put some thought into the drive train and exterior in 2012 instead of the wimpy 3.8 V6 Dodge Caravan engine. At least give us the option of a Hemi or Diesel engine, please!

6. Jesse C. says:

7. Stuart says:

They still don’t know what to do with those damn tweeters on the dash – they look like someone on a Friday night, waiting to leave the office just placed them there. Why not install them on the sidebar (connects frame with roof) using a plastic install. ANYTHING would look better that what they have on there!

8. Michael says:

I don’t have a problem with the dash tweeters at all. They’re a lot better than how I had to mount them on the doors on my ’94. Plus, they look very easy to upgrade to the Kicker ones. My side bar already has my cell phone mounted there so I can hear it ring with the top down, and my sunglass holders.

9. Shawn says:

Step back a little from trying to refine the JK and look at trying to improve the power levels of this otherwise great vehicle. The only complaint I have about my 2010 Unlimited is that it doesn’t have a much needed Hemi “YET”.

10. Khalifa says:

From these new interior shots offered up to us by Allpar.com it seems that Jeep has some interesting plans for their new 2011 Jeep Wrangler. For over 50 years the open top Jeep has been a staple for off-roaders and thrill seekers. Part of what makes the Jeep Wrangler great is that it temps you to get it dirty. This new interior however seems more at home in a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee than in their hardcore, go anywhere mini-ute. Take a look at the steering wheel for instance and you’ll notice such things as integrated phone and stereo controls. There is also a very nice center mounted navigation screen, brushed vent bezels and leather seats, stuff that in my opinion has no place in a Wrangler.

not enough of the poor engine power made since 2007, Is this really an interior that you’d want to take off-road? Jeep Wranglers are beautiful because they are simple machines. You can fix them with a screw driver and hammer and because of their bulletproof drive trains they’re capable of going places that would scare a normal SUV back to their suburban garage. I really hope that Jeep doesn’t water down what in the end is probably the purist off road machine that is still left in existence. Even the door panels are too frickin’ nice, yet this off road machine is dying and wrangler legend will die too.